The Center’s registered nurses are available Monday through Friday to provide the following skilled services:
- Assessment of health related needs.
- Coordination with primary and specialist care providers.
- Health education for participants and caregivers.
- Medication administration and monitoring.
- Monitoring of weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, fluid intake, and general health status as needed.
- Referrals to physicians and other health care providers.
- Tube feedings, wound care and catheter management.
Licensed nursing staff provides the initial response to medical emergencies. There are written plans and procedures to handle disruptive behavior, including leaving the building and other emergencies. Staff are certified in CPR and first aide including choking.