Admission Fees & Payment Options
The application procedure begins with a call to our Center at (804) 355-5717. Inquiries and referrals are accepted from family members, physicians, all health and social service professionals, public and private agencies, friends and clergy. Ask for our social worker, Jay, or e-mail him directly at email@example.com.
Jay will set up an appointment with you to visit the Center to see our facility and programs, and discuss the participant's social history and current situation with Jay in order to assess our ability to meet both yours and your loved one's needs.
Admission can be scheduled as soon as application materials and medical information are received. A preliminary plan of care is developed by staff before admission.
Fees and payment options are also discussed at this time. All necessary medical information will be obtained via a medical statement completed by the participant's primary physician.
Forms and statements required for admission:
The cost for care is $75 per day. There are several ways to fund care:
- Private Pay: Cost is $75 per day to be paid one week in advance unless other arrangements are made. Families will be responsible to pay for any days scheduled but not attended.
- Medicaid: Circle Center is certified as an Adult Day Health Care provider. Participants who have Medicaid benefits and who qualify through the nursing home pre-admission screening may be eligible for Medicaid reimbursement. There may be a copayment, based on income.
- Long Term Care Insurance: Depending on the policy, benefits generally include adult daycare if the participant meets level of care criteria.
- Veterans' Aid & Attendance benefits can be used to pay for Circle Center.
- Scholarships: Participants who need financial assistance and who do not qualify for Medicaid may apply for a Center scholarship. Scholarships discount the private pay rate according to the participant's income and expenses. Full and partial scholarships are offered as funds are available.
The Center does not provide transportation but will help the family arrange for and coordinate transportation with one of several area providers.
NOTE: Adult daycare and transportation fees qualify as deductible medical expenses for taxpayers who itemize. Center staff and your tax advisor can provide more detail. Working caregivers may qualify for the Dependent Care Credit.