Adult day services offer an economical alternative to in-home care. assisted living or nursing home care. Circle Center Adult Day Services offers community-based long term care with programs Monday through Saturday for those with dementia (including Montessori), Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and stroke that include Memory Lane, wellness, nursing and nutrition. We are non-sectarian and serve older adults regardless of sex, race, religion, national origin or location of residence.
- Circle Center charges $75 per day includes breakfast, lunch, two snacks, all activities, medical management and an individualized care plan (printable brochure)
- We accept private pay, Medicaid, long term health insurance, Veteran's Aid & Attendance, available scholarship funds
- We are open Monday through Saturday, Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:30 pm, Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- We are conveniently located at 4900 West Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23230.
- Call us at (804) 355-5717 or email us for more information.
We provide two meals, breakfast and lunch, along with mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. Full-time care can be costly over the long term and may not be the right option for your loved one right now. Stretch your long term care dollars, enhance your loved one's life and reduce caregiver stress.We are known for the quality and experience of our professional staff, our specialized dementia care programs, our wellness focus, and our new, uniquely designed facility. We're convenient: near I-95, I-64 and I-195 at 4900 West Marshall Street, one block north of Broad Street between Staples Mill (Krispy Kreme) and 50th (Hardee's) Streets near Willow Lawn.
Activities change daily and we're always busy from opening to closing. Monthly support groups and seminars are held to address caregiver concerns and promote healthy coping skills. A member of the staff is always available to help you individually. Please feel free to call us with your questions at 804-355-5717 or email email@example.com.
Your loved one is kept active and engaged in wellness and program activities:
Delay nursing home placement: 100% served at Circle Center Adult Day Services meet the criteria for nursing home care and were able to live at home 30,233 days longer at a savings to their families and taxpayers of at least $5,033,448.
Our Program Goals
- Prevent or delay residential placement by providing supports for continuous community living
- Maintain and improve functional abilities and coping skills
- Improve the quality of individual and family life
- Advance the development of community-based care for older adults who are frail or impaired
Circle Center Adult Day Services provides the Richmond, VA, community with high-quality, cost-effective daycare for frail or functionally-impaired older adults, and respite, education and support for their caregivers. Services and activities are structured to improve the participant's physical, cognitive, and mental capabilities. The caregiver, knowing their loved one is safe and supervised, gets respite and time for other responsibilities.
Older adults continue to live with their families with purpose and dignity in a supportive community.
- Concern for the essential and unique humanity of each participant
- Belief in the potential for older adults to grow even in the face of disability.
- Belief in the importance of meaningful activity and relationships to quality of life.
- A holistic and positive view of the participant, including abilities and needs.
- Belief in each participant’s potential for self-directedness and a level of independence.
- Cooperative, rather than authoritarian, relationships between participants and staff.
- Empowerment of family caregivers to be successful in their important role.
- Collaboration and openness with caregivers and participants to plan and evaluate agency services.
Circle Center Adult Day Services has served older adults and their families in Richmond, VA, since 1976. The Circle in our name denotes the “Circle of Care” between staff, families, and their loved ones. The “Circle of Care” includes benefits for caregivers and embraces the uniqueness of each participant and family. Just as each participant has an individualized care plan, each caregiver and family are supported uniquely. Our partnership is vital to the quality of care participants and families receive from the Center. The open communication between our staff and your family ensures that your loved one receives the services and support that meet his or her individual needs.
We have been recognized locally and nationally for the excellence of our programs:
The Center is licensed for a total of 85 participants per day. We undergo continuous monitoring of management and services to maintain our licensure by the Virginia Department of Social Services and certification as an adult day healthcare provider by the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services.
Circle Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, and managed by a volunteer board of directors.
- Founded by congregations of the Stuart Circle Parish, an ecumenical association of Fan District churches.
- Licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services
- Certified adult day healthcare provider for the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services
Circle Center is a member of:
- Virginia Adult Day Health Services Association
- Senior Connections Caregiver Coalition
- Senior Network
- Chesterfield Council on Aging
- Hanover TRIAD
- Hanover AARP